In the face of global pandemic, many businesses have allowed their employees to work remotely. Nonetheless, the transition from a well-equipped office to a comfortable family environment could be a real challenge. What does a person need to work safely at home?
Have you ever dreamed of having a job, making it possible for you to work from home? Setting up a workplace in the home requires careful preparation. It must ensure not only high productivity but mental health and well-being as well.
What Equipment Do I Need to Work from Home?
To build a healthy work environment, you will not need a lot:
- An ergonomic office chair, active desk chair or height-adjustable chair. The chair should give you comfort in all the positions you take during the day. It should have good support in the lower spinal region of your back.
- Height-adjustable desk. A workstation starts with a good desk. The problem with most household tables is that they are too high. A height-adjustable desk allows you to change your position to avoid sitting all day. A Progressive adjustable desk is a custom-made solution, designed to become the best fit for your body. It can be advanced with various tools for extra-monitors and other equipment.
- A laptop or a PC.
- Bright natural light.
- Internet connection.
- Extra-gear: supportive tools for a monitor/laptop, a webcam, headphones, USB-cables, etc.
How to Find the Right Standing Desk?
A standing desk is an excellent choice for a home workplace as it allows you to alternate between standing and sitting, preventing a dozen health problems.
How does an ideal workstation look like?
- Its height should be at or slightly below the elbow height;
- It should have your elbows sit at a 90-degree angle to the keyboard;
- It should have your eyes look slightly down to the monitor;
- The monitor should be placed 20-28 inches from your eyes with the screen titled 20 degrees.
How Can I Work from Home Healthy?
A long period of isolation and prolonged work from home may be harmful to health and well-being. Remote work is somewhat similar to office activity.
Even if you have set up an awesome workplace, sooner or later, stress will find you.
Ways to minimize the effect of stress on your health:
- Dress as if you are going to work;
- Eat well;
- Designate an area for your home office;
- Plan your daily activity;
- Use technology to maintain social contacts;
- Take breaks;
- Avoid negative thoughts;
- Get up every 25 minutes to stretch;
- Do some exercises in the fresh air;
- Keep a balance between work and family life;
- Set up regular start and finish time for your work;
- Sleep at night.
How Should I Sit When Working from Home?
When shifting into a sitting position, you should mind:
- Back posture. It should always be straight.
- Maintenance a 90-degree angle for your ankles, hips, elbows, and knees.
- Keeping the arms flat on the desk.
- Having your feet flat and supported.
While working from home, you may face some challenges. Nevertheless, by following the advice above, you can make a significant contribution to your comfort, well-being and productivity.
Author Bio ::
Hayley Mann is a technology enthusiast specializing in automation methods of ergonomics devices. Her engineering background helps her to create interesting articles on technical topics, making them understandable for all readers.