Love gold bangles but have a limited budget? That seems to be an oft-repeated story! Buying your favourite jewellery when your pocket doesn’t allow it, though seems difficult, but trust us, it really isn’t so.
Gold bangles are an investment for life and are handed down to generations. For them to remain so, you should never compromise on their purity and never miss looking for hallmarks.
But you can still save a lot of money if you follow these smart yet simple tricks while purchasing gold bangles:
- Know your gold: Always buy jewellery to feel great about yourself and not to flaunt. To save money on that gorgeous pair of bangles, know the difference between 18k and 14k gold. Both of these are gold with a different mix of other metals like copper, rhodium, zinc, copper, and nickel. 14k gold bangles are as beautiful and durable with just a little bit of difference in the amount of gold that they contain. By doing this, you can even buy more daily wear gold bangles.
- Avoid studded pieces: It’s a no-brainer that the more studded your bangles are, the higher they will be priced. While gold bangles embedded with diamonds or rubies do look beautiful, nothing can beat the elegance of plain bangles. These look perfect irrespective of whether you are out for an afternoon coffee with friends, spending time at the office, or attending an evening party. If you absolutely cannot do without gemstones, opt for ones in smaller sizes to save monies.
- Buy from a reliable jeweller: Never compromise on the jewellery shop while buying your bangles. Buying authentic and certified pieces from a reputed jeweller will save you the cost of dealing with the issues that come with repairing or replacing low-quality pieces.
- Consider buying a set: If you love jewellery, it’s never just the bangles. Buying a set that includes bangles is not only more economical but also adds a variety of jewellery to add to your wardrobe.
- Do your research: With the advent of the Internet, almost every major jewellery store has an online store. And everyone comes up with discounts and offers throughout the year to woo their customers not only on just gold bangles but also a variety of everyday jewellery such as the latest fashion earrings, nose pins, anklets, earrings, and more, visit this page. So, instead of sticking to one jeweller, always explore a variety of online stores to find the best prices. It may take some time, but you will surely get some gorgeous pieces without having to break the bank!
- Negotiate: Every piece of jewellery has labour costs attached to it. The jewellers pass these on to their customers in the form of ‘making charges’. Machine-made bangles have lower making charges whereas the ones made by hand with artwork carry higher making charges. Try to bargain with the jeweller on these and see the difference that it will make to the prices.
- Shop at the right time: While jewellery is a matter of whim for many but paying heed to the right time can make a huge difference in the prices. Most jewellers, to attract more customers, roll out huge discounts during the festive season, especially around Dhanteras and Diwali. Another smart option is to pick up gold bangles during the off-season, say from April to July when again the discounts are plenty and the prices are low.
Finally, don’t shy away from window shopping. It’s always better to look around and wait for the perfect pieces rather than spending on an impulse purchase.