What is the role of Marketing?
Marketing is undertaken by organizations to identify the needs, curate the product mix as per the market requirements, connect with its target audience, determine appropriate pricing strategy & media strategy, build strong relationships, manage the post-purchase customer satisfaction and ensure profitability.
Marketing involves researching not only the customers but also the environment surrounding the product and the characteristics of the target market. Being the primary component in any organization, marketers can market their product & services either to businesses (B2B marketing) or directly to customers (B2C marketing).
What is the role of Advertising?
Advertising is a part of marketing that involves paid, public, non-personal communication of convincing messages seeking the attention of the right target audience towards that particular product or service using appropriate media vehicles.
While the main intent of Marketing is driving revenues through sales, the main intent of advertising is to create responsiveness about the product or service through the use of varied media vehicles.
Hence to ensure business success it becomes imperative for organizations to hire the right talent for their marketing department. Thus it’s essential for a marketer to maintain his marketing prowess for a great career.
Tips to improve skills in advertising and marketing: Explore masters in advertising and marketing
The pandemic-induced changes are challenging organizations to stay afloat in the market. And this is putting the added pressure on marketers to stay relevant to the present market conditions. Hence one should explore masters in advertising and marketing, for it will help students with the following competencies:
- It will train students as per the globally connected digitally-driven business environment.
- Students gain competencies in Digital marketing-Content Creation, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Social Media Marketing, etc.
- Students will get hands-on training through live projects, thus gaining valuable experience to manage not only various challenges using relevant strategies but also crisis management.
- Students will be a part of International exchange programs to learn cross-culture marketing practices and strategies. In a sense gaining exposure at a global level.
- Web and marketing analytics: Students will learn to analyze and understand analytics data. This will give extensive insights not only into customer behavior but also help in measuring the effectiveness of marketing efforts. They will also learn to analyze online traffic, conversions, and handling of online inquiries.
- Students are trained in the latest marketing automation and CRM tools.
- Economic pressure has forced the tightening of purses by lots of organizations. Hence there is additional pressure on marketers for better returns on investments (ROI). And the courses will provide students with competencies in terms of budgeting and innovative marketing strategies.
- Employing integrated marketing strategies using various media vehicles and platforms for better ROI and consumer reach will earn students accolades in the organization.
- Students learn skills outside of marketing-Consumer psychology and behavior, statistics
- Students are given knowledge about the latest Media planning tools along with various media vehicles. This will also help students in better campaign management and ROI since maximum marketing budgets are utilized in media spends.
With these updated skills, modern marketers are ready to face the challenges posed by the ever-changing scenario and help organizations to come out of these tough times.